Senior Adult Mental Health Facility: Pickens County Medical Center
- Provided Mechanical, Plumbing and Fire Protection design services for renovation of 5000 SF of 2nd floor space to be used for inpatient and psychiatric follow-up services designed to meet the emotional, behavioral and physical needs of senior adults. Through a structured plan of individual counseling, group therapy, medication management, nursing services, coordinated activities and family support, patients are given every opportunity to enhance their social, physical and mental well being; $1.1 million construction budget.
DCH Regional Medical Center: Pharmacy Laboratory
- Design of HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems for the renovation of 4300 SF of existing hospital space for conversion to main in-patient pharmacy; scope included addition of a Level I clean room and support areas.
DCH Regional Medical Center: Boiler Plant Modifications
- Provided mechanical engineering services as the Prime Consultant for modifying flue for an existing 600 Bhp boiler to correct venting problems. Power ventilator with variable speed controller was utilized. Provided mechanical engineering services for complete modernization of boiler plant controls. Boiler plant consists of 2-600 Bhp and 2-300 Bhp steam boilers and associated equipment. $540,000 construction budget.
Alabama National Cemetery: National Cemetery Association
- Phase I construction of approximately 45 acres to provide over 8400 gravesites; site included administration and public information center complex with electronic gravesite locator and public restrooms; also included maintenance building and equipment storage. Provided mechanical and plumbing design services to the Prime Consultant.
DCH – Regional Medical Center Cancer Treatment Center
- Provided Mechanical, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems design with infrastructure connections to existing utilities & central plant facilities without interruption to service in existing hospital; $35 million construction budget
DCH – Regional Medical Center Major Renovations and Additions
- Renovation & Addition of Surgery Suite: 13 operating rooms, recovery, doctor's lounge, and nurse's lounge.
- Central Plant: Replacement of two 600 Hp Boilers and two 1100-ton chillers.
- Long-term Care Unit: Renovation on 4th Floor North.
- Emergency Department: multi-phased renovation; $2.6 million total budget.
- ICU Renovation & Addition: 2 floors of patient rooms converted to two 16-bed ICU units.
VA Medical Center: Air Handling Unit Replacements
- Air Handling Unit Replacements: Prime consultant for the replacement of 4 outdated, problematic air handling units (AHU's), return fans (RF's) and associated equipment in Building 1 and Building 6 attics. Project included the abatement of asbestos containing material in the attics and duct chases and the replacement of secondary chilled water and hot water secondary pumps. Existing louvers were removed for equipment access to building attics. After removal of AHU's and installation of new units, new louver/damper assemblies were installed. AHU discharge duct size was increased. The duct was replaced to the chase and just past the top floor branch to achieve sufficient airflow. Existing outdated AHU and RF variable speed drives (VSD's) were replaced, along with control devices, dampers and alarms. New equipment was connected to the existing Siemens energy management system for proper monitoring and control.